The Assistant Distiller position is responsible for duties related to distilling as well as general labor work throughout the facility, including but not limited to:
- Distillate production process, from grain selection all the way to the barrel
- Grain – Receive grain shipments of corn, rye, barley; ensuring proper quality prior to acceptance
- Milling – ensuring proper grind size and quantity for each grain type and recipe
- Mashing – operate the cooker to produce a consistent, quality mash
- Distilling – operate column still, pot still, and vodka still
- Blending – precise calculation, measurement, and process control in spirit blending
- Proofing – precise calculation, measurement, and process control for bottling and barreling
- Record keeping – maintain precise production logs of every process operation
- Cleaning and sanitizing – all equipment and production work spaces
- General Plant Maintenance in conjunction with maintenance manager
- Lab equipment use and maintenance
- Handle raw ingredients inventories, schedule deliveries, and forecast production needs
- Comfortable with professionally interacting with public and private guests
- Forklift operation, general plant maintenance, and cleaning.
- Manufacturing and/or industry experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Applicant must be able to lift up-to 50 lb. on a consistent basis and stand for extended periods
- Applicant must be able to discern colors, navigate stairs, and must have full manual dexterity
- Work from heights and in confined spaces, with variable temperatures up to 100F+
- A full background check and drug screening may be required
- Ability to work multiple shifts as needed for production scheduling, to include second shift as well as some weekends
Application Directions: More about the position, benefits and to submit an application you can click here.
Company Information: Jeptha Creed is a family owned and operated distillery in Shelbyville, Kentucky. We are a family who believes in creating more than just great spirits, great food and a great time – we are creating an experience for our customers unlike any other.
Bourbon Women supports companies with equal hiring practices.