Huber Winery & Starlight Distillery are seeking their first ever “Brand & Sales Manager” to represent their family brand in the Indiana and Kentucky markets. Distribution is a rapidly growing area of the business and the Huber family is looking to expand their footprint in these states. This position will be tasked with working identified markets to accomplish the placement of both wine & spirits in accounts throughout Indiana & Kentucky. This position will require travel 90% of the time and a solid knowledge and passion for continuing education for wine & spirits. The Brand & Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting sales and developing key account relationships across all channels, as well as maintaining and developing key account relationships. An on-site training period of 4-6 weeks is required with the various departments at Huber’s including wine & spirits production, tasting room, office and administration.
• Diligently and accurately represent brand and products to distributors in each market in order to ensure brand representation in line with Company marketing and branding strategy.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with distribution partners in Indiana and Kentucky.
• Visiting an average of 5- 8 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
• Timely (within 24 hours) responds to all communications within the company or with outside business sources.
• Provide bi-weekly update to VP of Distribution on key accounts in all relevant markets, including points of distribution, plus other established benchmarks as assigned.
• Communicate with wine & spirits production leadership regarding education on any new or upcoming products or changes to existing products.
• Work with Executive Team to secure and conduct sales meetings to launch new programming, brand, and product training incentive activities.
• Research and report sales trends, product developments, and key competitor activity to the Executive Team.
• Maintain awareness of changes in the market environment and adjust plans accordingly.
• Work with the Executive team to set annual sales, depletions, and financial goals while also defining strategies for placement.
• Required to provide accountability and benchmark reporting to VP of Distribution on a bi-weekly basis.
• Adhere to company policy and standards with regards to consuming alcohol while working.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Interpersonal communication
• Time management and prioritization
• Read, write, and speak English to communicate with Executive team and customers in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a kind, clear, and professional manner.
• Complete a variety of tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work flexible schedule
• Push, pull, carry, or lift up to 50 pounds
• Walk or stand for up to 8 hours
• Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required
• Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong knowledge of wines and distilled spirits
• 2 years of sales experience
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or any related major
• 3 years of sales experience
• 1 years in distribution role
• Travel time – 90% with 4 on-site days per month
• Monthly stipend for travel expenses.
• Company laptop and cell phone provided
• Required to work some evening and weekend hours
• Available to work overnights on occasion
• Hours vary based on meeting and events schedules
Statements included in this description may not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Huber’s Orchard, Winery, & Vineyards provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested candidates may submit online application and resume at https://www.huberwinery.com/job-opportunity/