Find information about SIP2022 HERE
🎉 2021 is the Bourbon Women Association’s 10th Anniversary, and we are putting together a huge party FOR YOU! 🎉
SIPosium 2021 General Admission Full Weekend Tickets sold out in under a week!
We’re back! Join us for THE ONLY women-consumer whiskey event in the USA, the Bourbon Women Annual SIPosium Conference. Bourbon Women come from all over the United States for a weekend of fun and learning, but the best part is the friends they leave with.
The 2021 SIPosium Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Louisville and will feature excursions to Jeptha Creed Distillery, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Vendome Copper & Brass Works, and many more, all included in your ticket price!
Add-on excursions are currently SOLD OUT.
Must be 21 to participate. Please SIP responsibly.
Book your room today! Hyatt Regency SIP Room Block Directions: Click HERE to book the special SIP room rate at the Hyatt.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2021
1:00P – 3:00P | Stave & Thief Certification at Moonshine University
5:30P – 7:00P | President’s Tasting
FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2021
9:00A – 5:00P | Registration featuring welcome drinks and gifts from Ragged Branch Distilling and a selfie station! Don’t forget to stop by the Spirits United table to learn about grassroots activism that affects your access to spirits!
11:30A – 1:00P | Welcome Lunch sponsored by Uncle Nearest featuring Master Blender Victoria Eady Butler
1:30P – 4:30P | Local Excursions [Distilleries + Shopping]
- Old Carter (sold out!)
- Maker’s Mark (sold out!)
- Jeptha Creed (filling fast!)
- Vendome Copper & Brass Works (filling fast!)
- Louisville Water Tower Museum (filling fast!)
5:30P – 6:15P | Keynote + Welcome Toast featuring Presenting Sponsor The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), St. Augustine Distillery Founder Philip McDaniel, and Wild Turkey’s Joann Street and Bruce Russell, featuring a special guest message!
6:30P – 10:00P | Welcome Dinner Experience at Huber’s Starlight Distillery
Closing at 2p | Retail Bourbon Boutique
Open All Day | Silent Auction Sponsored by Spirit Ice Vice
Plus, a super-secret pajama party for first-timers hosted by Old Dominick! (sold out!)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 28, 2021
8:00A – 12:00P | Registration – don’t forget to stop by the Selfie Station!
8:00A – 9:30A | Rise & Shine Breakfast sponsored by Michter’s
10:00A – 11:00A | Workshops, Session 1
- Colorado Craft with Whiskey Sisters Supply
- Does Terroir Matter In Whiskey? Hosted by Catoctin Creek Distillery, featuring TX Whiskey, Milam & Greene, and Westward Whiskey
- TX Distillery Whiskey Sensory Training
- Ice Hacks for Bourbon Lovers Hosted by Spirit Ice Vice featuring The Cocktail Contessa
11:30A – 12:30P | Workshops, Session 2
- Scotch Master Class with Dave Broom Hosted by Spirits Network
- Sip On Spirits and Speak Up to Get Them Shipped hosted by DISCUS featuring St. Augustine Distillery
- Women of Brown-Forman
- Let’s REALLY Talk About Corn Hosted by Widow Jane Distillery featuring Brooks Grain and Peterson Farms
- A Toast to the Barrel Hosted by Kelvin Cooperage featuring Kentucky Peerless Distillery
12:45P – 1:45P | Lunch + Program hosted by Texas distilleries TX Whiskey, Garrison Brothers, Ironroot Republic, and Treaty Oak
2:00P – 5:30P | Excursions [Distilleries + Shopping]
- Buffalo Trace Expansion Tour (filling fast!)
- Barrell Craft Spirits Blending Seminar (filling fast!)
- Distillery 291 + Art Eatables Chocolate & Whiskey Pairing (filling fast!)
- Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience (filling fast!)
- Kentucky Artisan Distillery (filling fast!)
6:00P – 7:30 | Cocktails & Conversation hosted by Bardstown Bourbon Company
7:00P In A Bourbon House Experiences (Depart 6:30)
Closing at 2P | Retail Bourbon Boutique
Open All Day | Silent Auction sponsored by Spirit Ice Vice
SUNDAY, AUGUST 29, 2021
8:00A – 9:00A | Hydrate + Heal Yoga Session sponsored by Old Elk Distillery
9:00A – 11:00A | Rise & Shine Farewell Breakfast sponsored by Brown-Forman’s Old Forester and Woodford Reserve featuring a menu by Bourbon Barrel Foods Founder Matt Jamie
*Schedule subject to change. Times are crazy and we’re just rolling with it!
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Without your support, this organization would not be possible. Please visit our sponsors’ websites, listed below.
Bardstown Bourbon Co.
Barrell Craft Spirits
Bourbon Barrel Foods
Catoctin Creek Distilling
Come Find Bourbon
Hotel Tango Distillery
Huber’s Winery & Starlight Distillery
Louisville Water Company
Spirit Ice Vice
Treaty Oak Distilling
Vendome Copper & Brass Works
Virginia Distillery Co
Whisky Sisters Supply
Bourbon Women SIPosium COVID Guidelines
Bring A Flask And Bring A Mask
Protect your palate and help a sister out.
We rely on our palates to be able to taste our whiskey, and that’s what SIPosium is all about!
Taking into account feedback from several distilleries and presenters as well as the hotel, and we have come up with the following guidance to protect our palates and each other:
- Masking will be required on buses unless actively eating or drinking to protect each other in close quarters.
- Masking will be required on excursions unless actively eating or drinking as a show of respect to our distillery and venue partners, who depend on their palates for their livelihoods, which happens to be making great Bourbon for all of us to enjoy!
- Masking will be strongly encouraged in the workshops unless actively eating or drinking as a show of respect and support to our presenters and each other.
- Masking is strongly encouraged during Stave & Thief training as a show of respect and support to our presenters and each other.
- Social distancing is also being used in the workshop rooms with decreased capacity. Social distancing in the ballroom is heightened as that is where we will be eating together. This is a room designed to accommodate 800 people which will hold approximately 200 people at any given time.
- Event management staff will be masked.
- Event management staff will be wiping down tables between workshop sessions.
- If you are unvaccinated, the hotel requires masking.
- Please bring proof of vaccination in case an excursion site requires it – taking a snapshot on your phone is a great way to ensure it’s always with you. Bourbon Women will not be requiring proof of vaccination because of our masking guidelines, but it’s better to have and not need than need and not have.
Responsibility in drinking is one of our core values as an organization, and we see these safety practices and the requests of our host venues and businesses as an extension of that commitment to responsibility.
This is a changing situation and we will be sending updates as they happen. Please be prepared!
This is a difficult time for everyone, and we want to have fun before all else. Please grant the hotel staff and other hospitality staff a lot of grace, as they have already been through so much. If we all maintain perspective and make sure we are acting from a place of respect and friendship, there is nothing we can’t overcome. We are all in this together and we are going to have a blast!