Lexington Brewing & Distilling has a full-time salary position available for a Single Barrel & Events Coordinator in Lexington Kentucky. Dave Bob Gaspar, Events and Activations manager said, ” This is for an entry-level position that will come with a lot of training and we are looking for someone with a passion for the industry who is looking for a start but room for growth in the future. ”
Please use the Indeed link for contact information, any questions, or to apply: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Lexington+Brewing&l=Lexington%2C+KY&=&aceid=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu-KiBhCsARIsAPztUF1zbnz2eICgb5RxSAlNvANZem2wn3k6P_WPixQcdRK7-pYs6o4SdRwaAoQNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&from=mobRdr&utm_source=%2Fm%2F&utm_medium=redir&utm_campaign=dt&vjk=789abd97339b1a97
Single Barrel & Events Coordinator
- Report to – Head of Spirits & Events Manager
- Location – Lexington, KY
- Position Type – Fulltime Salary
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co.
Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. is looking for a Single Barrel & Events Coordinator in Lexington, KY. These individuals are highly motivated professionals who are passionate about our products and enthusiastic about the craft beer and spirits industry.
This blended role will have you handling logistics for our single barrel program and working directly with Head of Spirits, Sales Managers and our Master Distiller organizing samples of single barrel selections, by labeling samples, putting together sample kits, shipping samples out, setting up single barrel tastings at the distillery and supporting the team when guests visit.
As the Events Coordinator you will be working directly with the Events & Activations Manager to help setup and run events in Kentucky and outside of the state occasionally if needed. The duties include organizing all material to setup each event, be onsite to run the event with staff, serve beverages, engage with consumers about our brand, transporting event materials and maintaining all marketing material so its always clean and organized. Events will include retail tastings, beer festivals, spirit festivals, and other various F&B industry events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate with Head of Spirits, Sales Managers and Master Distiller to organize single barrel samples, shipping logistics and setting up single barrel tastings at the distillery.
- Shipping items for marketing.
- Communicate with Events Manager about upcoming event plans.
- Maintain, clean and organize all event marketing materials.
- Communicate and organize staff to help you run each event.
- Transport, setup, serve product, engage with consumers about our brand, lead onsite team, and breakdown event.
- Developing post event report about the success of each event and any changes for the next time to make it better.
- Preparing cash with finance department, taking in cash and credit card sales during events and returning money to supervisor.
- Will need to work full time office hours Monday-Friday along with some nights and weekends. Those nights and weekend events can be made up and taken off during the week as personal time off.
- Support sales, marketing, and visitor center team with brand awareness, getting to know our consumers out in the field, being a positive and energetic brand ambassador at every event.
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in related field is a plus but not required.
- Past work experience in F&B, craft beer or spirits industry is a plus.
- Heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time.
- Driving large van and truck with trailer.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Ability to manage and account for sales, cash, and inventory of goods.
- Knowledge of event production and operations including coordinating events with promoters, pre-event planning, organizing physical facility and staffing.
Important Skills & Abilities
- Passion and knowledge for craft beer and the bourbon whiskey industry.
- A successful candidate should be a self-starter with excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to multi-task, always positive and energetic personality, team player, strong needs analysis, interpersonal and listening skills, independent decision making and problem solving.
- Always be positive and behave as a Brand Ambassador for our company at all times.
- Ability to plan, service and supervise a variety of events with the assistance and cooperation of other staff members.
- Ability to anticipate equipment and other needs for individual events.
- Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 150 lbs. which would include moving ½ barrel kegs short distances during events to change kegs and moving empty display barrels.
- Ability to spend extended time on their feet.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of our products.
- The ability to travel to various industry events via car.
- Team leader at each Kentucky event.
- Team leader with interns
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lexington Brewing & Distilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. No phone calls please.