UPDATE: These positions have all been filled.
Three Open Positions at Willett Distillery are available at the lovely Willett Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky. Long-time board member, and current Bourbon Women Foundation Board Member Brittany Allison has forwarded these positions to Bourbon Women to share with our membership.
Distillery Operator Position Open at Willett
We are currently filling positions in our Distillery. Distillery Operators master all production operations to a level of independent comfort. Facilitate all distilling operations including but not limited to receiving grain, milling grain, cooking, mashing, distilling, and filling barrels.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Master all production operations to a level of independent comfort. Facilitate all distilling operations including but not limited to receiving grain, milling grain, cooking, mashing, distilling, and filling barrels.
- Follow all protocols for proper equipment use, maintenance and safety. Immediately notify the direct supervisor of observations, difficulties, errors, or maintenance needs.
- Share expertise with teammates and seek expertise and learning from teammates.
- Work with the team to ensure all Batch Sheets and other record-keeping documents are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Support grain, mash, and beer testing and chemistry record keeping as well as completion of other necessary Quality Control record keeping.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained with good housekeeping in accordance with OSHA and company safety regulations.
- Maintain working knowledge of automated and manual process controls and computer screens.
- Follow the production schedule to ensure that all elements of the distillery process is running smoothly per the assigned schedule.
- Comply with all necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Safety Protocols. Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Regularly support barrel team with filling, rolling, transporting, locating, and dumping barrels.
- Other duties will be assigned at the discretion of the Master Distiller.
- Must be 21 or older to apply. A High School diploma is required. Relevant Experience: distilling, fermentation, food and beverage production, or chemical manufacturing.
- Must be comfortable communicating and collaborating with a team. Must be comfortable with multitasking. Ideal candidates would be enthusiastic about problem-solving and enjoy repetitive daily tasks. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word or Pages preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, comfortable working independently, and able to follow instructions with attention to detail. Must demonstrate an unwavering positive attitude, with a strong commitment to honesty, ethical judgment, diligence, and teamwork. All staff members are required to respect confidentiality and comply with all safety policies.
- Second Shift 3PM-11PM Monday – Friday
- Third Shift 11PM- 7AM Sunday – Thursday
- Fifth Shift 11PM-11AM, Saturday & Sunday
Barrel Captain at Willett Distillery
Roll through your day as a barrel captain at Willett Distillery. We are currently filling positions in our Barrel Program. Barrel Captains are primarily responsible for filling, rolling, transporting, locating and dumping barrels. Captains must be comfortable lifting heavy materials regularly.
Part-Time | Competitive Pay | Employee Discounts | Opportunity for Annual Bonus | Full-Time | Health Insurance | Life Insurance | Paid Time Off | Weekend and weekday shifts
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Willett Whiskey Hosts (Tour Guide & Hospitality Host) are responsible for welcoming guests and ensuring each guest is made to feel valued. Whiskey Hosts provide an entertaining, accurate education about whiskey production, history, and Willett premium brands. Hospitality, serving others, and gratitude are paramount values for the Willett family. Consequently, Whiskey Hosts provide the signature Willett family variety of southern hospitality.
Whiskey Hosts guide walking tours of the historic Willett property and conduct educational product tastings. Whiskey Hosts serve shop customers, providing thoughtful product recommendations based on consumer preferences, and facilitating purchase transactions and stock products. Ideal candidates are interested in continual education with a healthy curiosity about the whiskey industry, constantly seeking information and further readings. As a small family-owned business, respectful behavior, teamwork, and flexibility are essential for success. Extensive on-the-job training is provided to encourage complete comfort with information before new employees are expected to conduct tours. Whiskey training is ongoing.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 21 or older to apply
- High School Diploma required
- Exceptional verbal communication skills required
- Charm and whit appreciated
- Must be comfortable with lifting heavy items regularly
- Must demonstrate an unwavering positive attitude, with a strong commitment to honesty, work ethic, and teamwork
About the position
Part-Time | Competitive Pay | Employee Discounts | Opportunity for Annual Bonus | Full-Time | Health Insurance | Life Insurance | Paid Time Off
About Willett Distillery
Est. 1936, Willett Distillery is perched atop the highest point in Nelson County, Kentucky. After over 80 years, Willett remains independent, family-owned and truly family-operated. Today, over 60,000 tourists visit Willett annually.