Hot off the press: Southeast Sales Manager position is opening at Buzzard’s Roost. Buzzard’s Roost Spirits, LLC, headquartered in Louisville, KY is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Southeast US. This is a remote position, and the desired location is the Atlanta area. Our company is in rapid growth and this region will be expanding throughout 2023 and offers exceptional opportunity.
About Buzzard’s Roost
Buzzard’s Roost Sipping Whiskey is an independent blender and bottler of exceptional whiskies crafted using pioneering techniques. Buzzard’s Roost whiskies stand out for their exceptional flavors, which are crafted using a break-through combination of techniques for second barrel maturation including 18-month-seasoned oak barrels with a Char #1 over very specific and intentional levels of toast. Buzzard’s Roost coaxes complex flavors from each barrel leading to rye whiskeys and bourbons that are like no other whiskey in the world.
Since launching in Kentucky in 2019, Buzzard’s Roost has expanded into Massachusetts (21st Century Wine Co.), Ohio (SGWS), New Mexico (Santa Fe Boutique Wines), Arkansas (Arkansas Wine & Spirits), Tennessee (Best Brands), Louisiana (Wines Unlimited), Illinois (Burke Beverage), North Carolina (Johnson Bros.), Georgia (General Wholesalers Corporation) and Victoria, Canada (Drinks-Inc.). Select Buzzard’s Roost whiskies also are available online. Suggested retail prices range from $45 to $85 per 750ml bottle. All Buzzard’s Roost whiskies are second-barrel aged and bottled at Bardstown Bourbon Company. Buzzard’s Roost is proud to be a woman-led company. Follow @BuzzardsRoost on Instagram and Facebook.
Contact: Allen Brent, Director Sales Operations. Allen@buzzardsroostspirits.com
About the Position
Atlanta, GA (Remote)
- Manages portfolio/business within the states assigned.
- Responsible for Budgets, Depletions, Pricing, and Programming.
- Balance distributor management with field work, calling on accounts in all channels.
- Develop market plans and programming with Distributor Partners to ensure goal attainment.
- Builds relationships with top key accounts in all channels.
- Develop portfolio distribution by effectively presenting SKU extensions and placing new brand extensions at the distributor level.
- Monitors existing distribution and, through programming, ensure it is healthy and growing.
- Analyze sales data to improve brand sales.
- Daily/Weekly communication with sales leads in all markets.
- Set expectations of distributor performance, monitor results and manage distributor to succeed.
- Extensive wholesale supply channel experience including developing relationships, creating distribution programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word).
- Candidate must be able to travel 50% of the time.
- 4 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry. Bourbon experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Personal Skills and Qualities
- Sense of urgency toward growing business and achieving goals.
- Strong business acumen and sales analysis. Adept at building business positive business relationships that achieve value.
- Strong spirits knowledge. WSET and similar certifications are highly valued.
- History of delivering high quality work. Good organization skills that lead to productive work and achievement.
- Solution oriented. Intellectual curiosity.
- Leadership skills and works well in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Timely and comprehensive communications and reporting. Concise, articulate, and productive communication style.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Passion for the wine and spirits industry.
Key Performance Measures
- Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
- Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
- Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management.
- Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
- Additional qualifications and attributes include a clean driving record and ability to lift 35lbs. Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and other business applications,
- The ideal candidate will have the industry experience at the supplier and/or distributor management level and the passion for success.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Sales Operations